TREK IN NEPAL FOR NEPAL 2016 – www.inyourhandscharity.org
Pauline Sanderson (author and speaker of The World’s Longest Climb) will be leading a two week trip to Nepal which will involve:
- A spectacular 8 day trek in the foothills of Mt Everest, visiting the famous Tengboche Monastery and Namche Bazaar.
- Staying at the Sukete Resort on the banks of the River Bhoti Kosi for 2 nights in a luxury camp with the option of rafting.
- Visiting the Mandala Projects to see how and where your money will be helping to rebuild villages and communities.
- Guided tours in Kathmandu
COST:£1200 includes everything except international flights, alcohol. tips and 2 evening meals in Kathmandu.
DATE: Arrive in Kathmandu on February 21st/Depart March 6th 2016
Where will that money go? Every penny will be going to either help rebuild Nepal or help Nepalese tourism as Pauline is free!
- £400 will be going straight to IN YOUR HANDS to distribute directly to building projects during your visit.
- £800 will be going to Nepalese providers, guides, porters, tea houses, transport, hotels, restuarants etc.
HOW FIT DO I NEED TO BE? This is not a difficult trek but you need to be comfortable to walk with a light daypack for between 2 hours and 6 hours each day. There are plenty of café stops along the way.
HOW DO I BOOK? Glenmore Lodge is Scotland’s National Outdoor Centre with strong links to Nepal and Equator Expeditions who will be the operator in Nepal. They have kindly agreed to act as a booking agent for Equator Expeditions so all you need to do is call Glenmore Lodge or visit their website for full details and ask to book on. www.glenmorelodge.org.uk Tel: 01479 861256